Thursday, June 13, 2013

Hooray for PerKup Cafe!

Hooray for Perkup Cafe and hooray for another breakfast place I love in town!  I had heard rumors of a pretty good cafe in Urbandale at 7003 Douglas Ave near Merle Hay Mall and hadn't had the chance to check it out until this week.  I'm so glad I did!  Hash brown Taco?! Yes, please!

I may be a breakfast addict, but at least I admit it right?  Perkup cafe tells you straight up that your meal might take a little longer to cook since they make your hash browns fresh every time.  And they are worth the wait.  Check out my hash brown taco filled with bacon bits, green onions and sour cream. The browns are perfectly crisp and make for a perfect shell, so good! I was a little leery when I read the menu and it said bacon bits. But, these aren't from a jar, these are the real deal.

This cute little cafe is open for breakfast and lunch Tuesday through Sunday and has an expanded menu on the weekends including fresh baked biscuits.  They are pretty busy on the weekends, but we enjoyed a quiet midweek breakfast with good service.

After seeing the amazing looking salads on the lunch menu, I can't wait to visit again for lunch in the near future.  And take a look at the dessert menu! Yum!

And if you're into coffee, they have an impressive selection of Intelligentsia coffee drinks/lattes available.  Can't wait to try some other offerings here!  Do you have a favorite?



No comments:

Post a Comment