Thursday, June 20, 2013

Tacos Degollado

 I got a tip that the best, most authentic tacos in Des Moines were sold from a truck at the cross section of MLK and University in Des Moines.  So what did I do? I went for a drive..

And right where they said it would be, in a empty parking lot next to the Advance Auto Parts was Tacos Degollado (which is a small city in Mexico).  

From the outside it doesn't look like much except that they have a few picnic tables set up under a tent and lots of people gathered around eating.

I didn't want to sound like I was a newbie, so I ordered two beef tacos without looking at the menu.  He asked me if I meant steak and I agreed and was presented with two yummy looking tacos adorned with radish, onion and lime.  They had a salsa verde and pico available as well.  The corn tortillas were warm and the beef was seasoned perfectly.  Man, these were some good tacos.

Upon further inspection of the menu I realized that all of the tacos were beef (and one pork), only they offered beef head and tongue as well.  While I'm told the head and tongue are very flavorful, I'm happy to stick to a more traditional cut of beef thanks.

Anyway, tacos were $1.50 and drinks were a $1.  My $4 meal was awesome.  They also offer burritos and quesadillas and I'm willing to bet they are good too.  You can also add cheese to your tacos for an added cost.

If you are looking for something a little different for lunch and can look past the fact that you are eating out of a truck, check out Tacos Degollado!  This is some good stuff!







No comments:

Post a Comment