Friday, October 25, 2013

Abelardo's

 

So I had a chance to stop in to the Abelardo's on Ingersol the other day.  I knew there were a few locations around the area, two in WDM and one in DSM.  I didn't realize they had locations in Nebraska, Kansas and Washington as well.

Abelardo's is basically a fast(er)-food version of the sit-down Mexican restaurants we have all over the area like Monterrey and Cabo Sol.

It was pretty neat to just walk up and order and then hit the salsa bar before picking a seat and then being called up (in a matter of minutes) to get my food.

Combo choices included tacos, burritos, chimichangas, fajitas, etc.  I ordered the combo fajitas and was really impressed with the fresh, house-made tortilla that came with my meal.
The size of the meal was impressive but I was a little disappointed with the quality of the chicken.  It was mostly thigh meat and I'm a white meat only kinda gal.  The shrimp was tasty and the veggies were a-plenty.

While I wouldn't say I'd pass up a trip to Tamale's Industry, Tequila or Dos Rios to come to Abelardo's.  It was certainly a good stop for a quick, filling meal that wasn't anywhere as low on the totem pole as a Taco Bell or Taco Johns, but even has a drive-thru and really quick service.

The drive-thru is open 24 hours a day and the prices are good.  Drive-thru for a midnight snack or anytime you need a quick Mexican fix and don't have time for a sit-down full-service joint.

No comments:

Post a Comment