Thursday, October 3, 2013

TNT...it's dynamite


I drove by TNT Restaurant on MLK Parkway many times and said to myself that I should stop in and check it out.  I'd heard some great things about it and love Vietnamese food so I was glad that we finally got a chance to stop in.

The restaurant is a good size and there was no problem getting a table on a Friday evening.  Our waiter was very nice and attentive.

As with a lot of Vietnamese Restaurants the menu is very expansive and can be overwhelming, but don't be afraid to ask them to explain the dishes to you.  For the most part, most dishes are variations of rice dishes, Pho (rice noodle soup), and other noodle dishes.  Each one is available with different proteins such as meatballs, chicken, shrimp, pork, etc. so Each is listed with the protein option under it's Vietnamese name, while there are hundreds of menu items, a lot are the same dishes with different meats.

Anyway,  we started out with summer rolls and and a Cafe Sau Da (Thai Iced Coffee) which is my hubby's favorite.  He said it was really good and I really enjoyed the rolls.  Very fresh.

We ordered the combo fried rice and a large Pho to share.  It was HUGE.  We could have ordered the small to share and it would have been plenty.

We enjoyed everything and would definitely return.  I'm not sure that I loved it more than A Dong, but we also ordered different dishes than we usually do there, so it's hard to compare.  I liked the summer rolls a bit better, but Josh enjoyed A Dong's Pho a bit more. I also really enjoyed my meal at Vietnam Cafe so we'll just be lucky to have so many great options for Vietnamese food in Des Moines.  For now I'll just add TNT to my list of good restaurants in Des Moines and be back soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment