Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Continental

The Continental is on E. Locust street in the East Village.  I've heard some great things about it and when I got word that they had Taco Tuesday's where tacos are $1.75 and margaritas are $4.  My mom and I ran down for lunch to check it out.  They don't have a blender so the margaritas were on the rocks which was OK because they were very tasty.  

We had a choice between pork and tilapia for the tacos and I ordered two pork and a tilapia because fish isn't my favorite, but I wanted to try it.  The tilapia one was actually awesome!  They were topped with a mango salsa and were really good.  The pork were good too, but I was really impressed with the tilapia.

They also had sangria on the menu for $5 so I decided to try one of those too. Love.


This was my first meal of the day, so at this point I was getting a little drunk, and a little nervous since I had to pick up my son from school soon and they usually frown upon drunk parents at pick-up.  So I decided to cut myself off.  

Seriously though, this was a satisfying lunch for a Tuesday afternoon special.  We'll come back soon to try some of the other menu items.  They had an impressive list of tapas and small plate items which I'm excited to try because I hate to just order one meal, I like to sample it all.  

My biggest complaint was just how dark it was in the restaurant.  I mean beyond ambient, we were literally sitting in the dark since the only open seat when we got there was in the way back of the restaurant near the bathrooms.  Up front near the window would have been just fine, but literally my mom and I couldn't see each other, but maybe it's a good thing it you are perhaps on a first date....





2 comments:

  1. I LOVE their small plates, especially the kalamata and machego empanadillas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete