Sunday, September 1, 2013

Blu Thai & Sushi

So last week I drove by A Taste of Thai at 215 E Walnut street in the East Village and it was there.  This week, it had a new name, Blu Thai & Sushi.  So of course we had to stop in to try it out.  I couldn't find a website for it yet, but I'll update this post when it has one.

Aside from the signs, the inside was pretty much the same, so I'm thinking they just changed management.

I really liked the daily specials that were on each table (under the glass actually so the are semi-permanent fixtures on each table) they offered a different dish with side and drink every day at a reduced price.

We started our meal with a Thai coffee which is my husband's favorite. They didn't use condensed milk that is often used, but rather a sweet cream that was also very good.

We ordered the chicken satay for an appetizer and while it took quite a while for it to come out, it was worth the wait because they were hot off the grill and seasoned to perfection.  SO good with the sweet peanut sauce.

Our entrees followed soon after and I was surprised by the richness of my yellow curry that was more savory than sweet like I'm used to.  It was also spicier than I expected since I ordered a zero on their scale of 1 to 5 for spiciness.  But I really liked it and had no problem eating every bite.

The hubby ordered the sweet basil noodles and also said it was very good.

We'd definitely come back, especially for lunch since the prices are reasonable (about $8 for entrees), the portions were good and the food was tasty.  I can't wait to try more offering from Blu Thai, especially their sushi and pad Thai.  Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. My mouth waters with that chicken satay. It looks like I'll be looking for this restaurant soon!

    ReplyDelete