Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Buzzard Billy's


I'm sad to report that this was only our first visit to the new Buzzard Billy's now located in the "In-Play" building off of 3rd street downtown.  

I really liked the old location on court ave, but I think they did a good job making it feel similar and the food was certainly as good.

I started out with a hurricane drink that was fruity and sweet but they were generous with the alcohol because I was soon feeling pretty good!

I was pretty exited to see that they had a B.L.T special with tomatoes grown in the owners own garden and a gluten-free cheesecake special for dessert.  

We ordered the Jambalaya which has quite a bit of heat, but so good in a rich tomato sauce with lots of sausage, ham and chicken chunks.  The Cajun B.L.T was also very good, although the hubby ordered it with regular bread instead of the jalapeno cornbread which I think would have been amazing, but he isn't a big cornbread fan.  His only complaint was that it could have used a little more tomato.  But he said the spicy bacon was awesome.

The kids meal for $3.99 was a bargain for such a huge portion that included an ice cream cone for dessert.

I couldn't pass up the gluten-free salted caramel cheesecake and I'm so glad I didn't because it was by far the best gluten free cheesecake I've ever had.

It had a nutty, cinnamon-sugar crust with creamy cheesecake filling and a layer of caramel on top.  I will need more soon.
I knew I would eat the whole slice of cheesecake so the hubby got his own dessert.  He went for the bananas foster which was fun because they made it table-side.  The server said it's their most poplar dessert and it was also really tasty.

The kiddo was happy with his ice cream cone and over-all it was a great meal.  It was great to see that even though Buzzard Billy's is a chain, they are using a lot of local ingredients.  They had Sutliff Cider on tap as well as a bunch of other local beers.  

They offer buy one get one free orders of wings on Sundays and offer free dessert on your birthday.  Our sever was very friendly, the service was fast and I was surprised to see the restaurant not too busy on a Saturday night.  

If you haven't been to Buzzard Billy's in a while, check it out!  They now offer a wide variety of gluten-free options as well as lots of your favorites from the old restaurant site.  We had a great meal and can't wait to go back soon!
















No comments:

Post a Comment