Sunday, September 8, 2013

Lemon Grass

Since I've lived in Des Moines I've seen a few restaurants open and close in this location on 8th street in West Des Moines.  In 2011 Lemon Grass, a Lao and Thai restaurant opened and after my first taste today, I really hope they are here to stay.

I was able to meet my friend Maria for a lovely, casual lunch and it was great!  The menu was varied but not overwhelming.  The restaurant was casual and clean and  our server was friendly. Our meals came out very quickly.

There weren't any descriptions on the menu of the dishes, but luckily Thai is my favorite type of food, so knew what I liked.  Our server was helpful and I'm sure he would be happy to explain any of the dishes to you if you asked.

We ordered the Drunken Noodles, which is very much like a pad see ew that you'd find at other restaurants.  Thick rice noodles in a sweet sauce with carrots, broccoli and onions which we ordered with beef.  They did this dish very well.  It was a nice compliment to the savory red curry dish we ordered.  We both agreed that it actually smelled and looked more like a yellow curry, but it didn't really matter because the coconut-y sauce was awesome and tasted great no matter what we called it.

I would totally recommend these two dishes, but wouldn't hesitate to try other dishes.  This is a great lunch spot and it's nice to have another great choice for lunch or dinner on this side of town.



No comments:

Post a Comment