Monday, May 13, 2013

Cabo Sol

You may have driven by one of the newest Mexican restaurants in town, Cabo Sol.  It's located right off of Mills Civic in West Des Moines.  It's a welcome addition since the recent closing of Los Cabos in West Glen that we really enjoyed.

I knew I was going to like this place when we were greeted with our chips and salsa and $3.99 margaritas in fun flavors like mango, watermelon, peach and lime.  The watermelon was really good!

The restaurant is clean and welcoming with bright colors and friendly staff.

The food was typical of what the Mexican restaurants in the area offer.  Lunch and dinner specials including tacos, enchiladas, tamales and fajitas.

My mom and I shared fajitas while my hubby got a combo plate.  The fajitas were good.  Not the most well-seasoned that I've ever had, but I appreciated that they weren't swimming in grease like you find at some other places.  The heaping plate of sides helped make it a satisfying meal.  Josh enjoyed his combo platter although they brought him a beef enchilada when he ordered chicken.  He said the tamale filling was excellent and the pork was very spicy like he likes it.

I'm excited to have another lunch or dinner option in WDM that isn't just another chain.  So if you are looking for a tasty, filling lunch or dinner, check out Cabo Sol.  And try a frozen margarita!


No comments:

Post a Comment