Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Jason's Deli

Jason's Deli had me hooked with their all-you-can-eat soup and salad bar years ago.  Try the chicken chili or chicken pot pie soup.  Yum! 

 With so many local restaurants around, it seems to be one of those places that after I eat lunch somewhere else, I think "oh yeah, Jason's Deli would have been good" and I just don't get there that often.  Something I am going to change after my last meal at JD!

Well, I got word that they are now offering gluten-free bread and I just had to try it.  Man, it was amazing!  I almost went up to make sure the bread was gluten-free, it was that good.  I got a hot pastrami sandwich with cheddar, pickles, mustard and mayo and I thought I had died and gone to sandwich heaven. (pictured to the left).

If you haven't been to Jason's deli before they serve sandwiches, soups, potatoes and an awesome salad bar.  They have a really good kids meal and they even grilled my son's peanut butter sandwich for him by request.  Yes, melted PB on a sandwich increases the tastiness about 110%.

While, I normally like to stick to locally owned businesses, I think the accommodation Jason's Deli makes to special diets (including vegan and gluten-free) and even 5 year-old picky kids deserves some recognition.  And most importantly, the food is great!

Next time you're in the mood for a New York style deli sandwich or want to pretend you're eating healthy at the massive salad bar, Try Jason's Deli!

They even have free chocolate, vanilla and swirl ice cream for desert!


3 comments:

  1. They also offer pastas. Jason's is OUTSTANDING! A bit pricier than I'd expect for dinner, especially when it's "just a salad" or whatever, but it's well worth it. They DO NOT skimp on their deli sandwiches and they're absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback Lindsay! I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an employee working right down the street from JD , I used to order meals when the team had a working lunch. I have ordered a ton of take-out food from this establishment and was never disappointed with the meals or service. The food was always ready at the promised time. (Important when you're trying to please twenty people!) Back when I wasn't counting calories as diligently, their Loaded Baked Potato was one of my favorite items. They are huge and OVER-loaded with cheese, bacon, sour cream and all the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete