Thursday, August 8, 2013

$2.95 Tenderlions @ Nick's?!

So I drove by this storefront on SW 9th a few times with a sign that just proclaimed....Yuummmmm......What the heck?  The parking lot was FULL at lunch time with a line out the door and I knew I had to try whatever was going on in there.  So I looked up this restaurant and I find that it's called "Nick's"


So I decided to go in early on a weekday to beat the crowd and I found the cutest little 50's-style diner looking shop with a menu of 3 different sizes of tenderloins, a grilled tenderloin an Italian beef and a sausage sandwich sold a la carte with fries and onion rings on the side.


I decided to try the "Pee Wee" sized tenderloin just to give it a shot.  This was no Pee Wee-sized tenderloin man!  And for only $2.95 this juicy sandwich is a steal!  They also offer it in a Queen and King size which are huge!




All of the toppings are offered at a condiment station along with your self-serve drinks.  This is definitely a hidden gem in Des Moines to get your fried-food fix.  The onion-rings were golden-fried in a sweet batter and the fries were a salt-lovers heaven.


If you like tenderloins and anything out of a fryer, try Nick's!  You'll like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment