Sunday, August 25, 2013

Bistro Montage

Our second "Restaurant Week" visit was to Bistro Montage on Ingersol Ave in Des Moines.

We've been there a number of times and have always had a great experience. 

I especially love their lunch crepes and was excited to see that their Restaurant Week menu for lunch included two crepes or sandwiches, two beverages and two deserts for only $25.  A great deal.

We stared our meal by ordering an appetizer outside of the RW deal because our server Alejandro (Who was fantastic by the way) suggested the crab cake.  It was very good.  I liked the accompanying salad and the fresh lump crab was very tasty.

I ordered the chicken crepe with bacon, lettuce, tomato, havarti and tarragon mayo.  The havarti made this crepe awesome.  Josh ordered the seared steak sandwich and said his steak was cooked perfectly.  

The highlight of the meal was sweet corn soup.  The taste was perfect.  I could have used a few non-pureed veggies for some texture if I were to nit-pick, but the taste was spot-on.  

I was surprised when our desserts arrived because Alejandro said our special came with small desserts.  These were not small!  The flour-less chocolate torte was a little rich for me, but Josh loved it and I hoarded the creme brulee which is always good at Bistro Montage.

All-in-all I would vote Bistro Montage's lunch RW special one of the best values in town because it included drinks and dessert.  

Speaking for their non-RW menu, I love their 4-course Prix Fixe menu that they offer.  It's a seasonally rotating menu of a soup or salad, risotto (which has always been one of my favorite parts of the meal), a main course and a dessert.  All for $45.  They have great specialty drink selection a wine menu as well. A wonderful meal to celebrate a special occasion or anytime! 








No comments:

Post a Comment