Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Centro

Our first restaurant week visit was to Centro.  (More about restaurant week in DSM here.)  While we all know and love Centro, I think restaurant week gives you a great opportunity to sample some dishes that the Chef wants to showcase.  It's also just a good reason to go out and enjoy some local restaurants.  Especially restaurants like Centro that use lots of locally-grown, seasonal ingredients.

I started out with a white sangria which was perfect on a warm summer evening.  Our super-friendly waitress added that it was one her favorite drinks they served.

I knew I was going to try the restaurant week menu, but my hubby decided on the chicken and prosciutto pasta.

I really liked the menu they offered for restaurant week.  You can view it to your right.  But it included herbed goat-cheese ravioli, grilled pork tenderloin and a chocolate crepe with vanilla gelato and spiced pecans.  I enjoyed all three dishes.  I really liked the balance of the rich sauce and sweet corn with the ravioli.  It was wonderful. The sauce was actually very similar to the cream sauce on Josh's pasta.  

I normally don't order pork in restaurants because 3 out of 4 times I order it, it comes out over-cooked.  But not this time.  It was perfect.  I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of collared greens, but the succulent slices of pork more than made the dish.  

The dessert was fantastic as well.  A rich chocolate-filled crepe with vanilla gelato and spiced pecans.  It came out warm and was a great ending to the meal.  Yum.  

Centro also offers a weekend brunch with items like crab-cakes benedict and breakfast pizza.

They have a great pizza special on Monday nights too.  Their brick-oven pizza is very good.

While Centro is fancy enough to celebrate any big occasion, they offer a kids menu if you have the little ones along. We haven't brought our kid with us because we usually come down before a performance at the Temple for Performing arts that it right next door or on a lunch break.  But, the staff has always been friendly and accommodating and I'm sure it would be the same if we had kids along too.

Love Centro and loved their restaurant week menu!










No comments:

Post a Comment