Monday, March 18, 2013

Creative Treasures

I have two boys and therefore don't get as much "crafting/creating" time as I wish I had. I'm blessed with three goddaughters who are perfect for doing such outings with!

I gave one goddaughter a gift certificate for Creative Treasures in Ankeny for her Christmas present. We also took my oldest son (6yrs) with us and we had a blast! The staff was very helpful and their projects turned out beautifully. 

Here's the basics. First, you pick out your project. Do you want to make a mug, plate, cup, magnet, wine holder, or something a big more complicated? Then you select your paints and paint your masterpiece taking as much time as you need. Next, leave it for the staff to fire it in their kiln. One week later you pick up your creation and take it home to enjoy. 

They also have a jewelry-making area. I've used this area before to make a grandmother's bracelet for my mom. And I used them again after the latest grand-baby was born. I took back the original bracelet, added the new name/birthstone, and they restrung it for me (at a small cost). 

Need a birthday party idea? Check out Creative Treasures! Need a wedding gift idea? Check out Creative Treasures!

Hint: 
Jewelry Section--
thousands of beads!

  • Be sure to check their weekly schedule. Some days they have free or 1/2 price studio fees which can save a lot of money. 
  • Need collegiate or high school accessories? They had some ideas that would be great gifts for any type of fans. 
Paint Selection

Party Area
Finished Projects!



No comments:

Post a Comment