Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Number 7 Brewing Company Was Just "OK"

We went to dinner with some friends who had a Groupon for Number 7 Brewing Company in Ankeny this past weekend. I've been so excited to try this new restaurant because it's local for us and it's a BREWING COMPANY! We all know Des Moines has some of the best brewing companies in the country! 

Number 7 was not Number 1 for Us
Number 7 is definitely not one of them. The guys at our table tried each of the local brews and weren't impressed. They said it was a bit watery and just "OK". These are guys that would typically order two drinks at dinner and they decided not to waste any calories on more beer. This is a big statement, especially when the name of the restaurant boasts "brewing company". 

I was excited for the food. I tried the Smoked Pulled Chicken with Sweet Potato Fries and couldn't finish it. The fries were a bit soggy, but the chicken was a bit fatty and had a large piece of bone in it. I'm not an overall picky person, but I was less than impressed. I decided to add some BBQ sauce to the meat and all of the sauces were watery and lacking in flavor. Our table also had pulled pork and some burgers. The burgers received more tasty reviews, but overall we all said that Number 7 was just "OK" and none of us were excited to come back. 

The atmosphere was "OK" and the service was "OK". I don't think I'd put up a fight about coming back, but I would certainly suggest someplace else in Ankeny first. 




2 comments:

  1. I am sorry you had a bad experience with N7BC, we enjoy going there. Did you have their wings? That is one of my favorite things they are grilled, so they have a great smokey flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't have any wings which is unusual for our group. If we make it there again, that will certainly be on the top of my list! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete