Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Kris' Hot Yoga Review--The Hottest Workout in Town!

Two doors down from our office is Kris' Hot Yoga. We've talked about going there during a staff development day for a long time and last Friday we finally made it to a class. 

Not just any class, but a Hot Barre Class. I've never taken a yoga class before but have done some yoga by watching videos so I thought I knew what I was going to be doing. I was in for a big surprise!

My hubby and I
trying to stay on our toes.
In the 45 minute class, we stretched (wonderful!), squatted, ballet-ed, pulsed everything, and worked large muscles and small muscles. At various times I had parts of my body shaking uncontrollably. This type of class utilized a ballet bar on the side wall, dodgeballs (for thigh squeezing), resistance bands, and lots of HEAT from overhead heaters. 

Kris was our instructor and she kept us motivated, using the best form, gave us scaling options when needed,  and had THE BEST soundtrack of 90's music ever.  

Dr. Jason and Cassie from our
Office show how to be graceful.


Overall, I was so impressed with the workout and overall atmosphere that I recommend this to anyone! In fact, I think it would be fun to do this on a date with my hubby again sometime. He liked the class too! It was such a wonderful feeling to accomplish something new and get a great workout in too!

Hints:
--Don't do any other exercise that day before you attend class. I made the mistake of going to Crossfit that morning and struggled with Hot Barre. :) 
--Bring a water bottle, sweat towel, & yoga mat. 
--Wear clothes you don't mind being in ANY position in. You will be in every position imaginable. 
--Be ready to work hard and feel great when you're done! 
--Some of our staff has taken the early morning class and loved the slower, calmer pace of that class. 

Check out their website for class schedules, descriptions, and yoga-wear. Try one class! I dare you. :) 

Dr. Jason, Cassie, Katie, and Dr. Wes with
Kris (owner pictured with white shirt) 
**My apologies to Kris and other yoga-professionals for my lack of yoga vocabulary!**

No comments:

Post a Comment