Sunday, March 10, 2013

Felix and Oscar's

Traditional Sausage Pizza
I grew up in Urbandale and have many fond memories of eating at Felix and Oscars after football games or meeting friends there when we came home from college. We recently ventured to the "new" F&O in West Des Moines. (Does anyone remember Buca di Beppo's being there?!?!) 

There were 8 of us eating--two of which were our kids. I decided early-on that I wasn't going to blog about F&O because the wait and overall atmosphere wasn't that impressive. (Think wood paneling and old vinyl booths.) They couldn't find us a large enough table so we ended up sitting in the bar area. 

Disney Jr for the kids!
SCORE! The bar area has TVs with DirecTV at the tables and our kids enjoyed Disney Jr. while the adults chatted. People go to F&O for their pizza, and no one at our table was disappointed. My guys ate a sausage pizza with a thin crust and between the three of them, the large pizza was devoured. Being the Paleo-ish person I am, I opted for the large-pile-of-iceberg lettuce side salad (iceberg lettuce does not mean salad in my world) and half pound burger. My burger was delicious and very filling! 

Hint: I found out that you can order your pizza while you wait and have it delivered to your table when you get seated. This would be awesome with little ones.  

Overall, we had a good experience there and everyone loved their pizza. If you are looking for a family restaurant without all the glitz, check out F&O.  Or better yet, get F&O to go! 

Sunday Family Specials and
Free Tableside Magic Show too!

3 comments:

  1. Love eating at the Bar! The TV totally keeps kiddos distracted so you can enjoy your meal. I love that they also have Gluten-free pizza, past and rolls and it's REALLY good! Very gluten-free friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My seven year old daughter, loves to eat at Felix and Oscar's. She also like to bring "sauce on top" pizza home, for family movie night. The delivery has always been on time, and the food has been warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I opened the Buca Di Beppo in West Des Moines.... had the time of my life and worked with a bunch of great people.

    If any of those that were on staff see this post, hit me up!

    Chris
    LibertyRightNow @ Hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete