Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A candy store and a whole lot more.

Gigantic box of chocolate.
I'm pretty sure you'd
get huge brownie
points for showing
up with one of these!
Chocolate Heart Lollipops

Have you checked out Chocolaterie Stam lately? I used to think it was just a candy store, until I found out about all of the cool stuff they do!  I stopped in today to pick up some Valentine's Day gifts and was reminded of what a great place this is.  




Obviously, the chocolate is fantastic. They make most of it right upstairs at the Ingersol Ave location. They also have some awesome gelato.  They are generous with the samples, so try away! Really cool flavors and they have sorbetto too, so if you can't have dairy, they have options for you too.  





Hot Chocolate
My Fave!
I have to confess, my current addiction is their Hot Chocolate.  Super rich with whipped cream and chocolate bits on top.  I grab a seat on the comfy couch to relax and sip away.  This might be my routine after going for a run at Gray's Lake, but I'm not admitting anything.





Ready for this year's
Hot Chocolate Race.
I bet Josh wouldn't have
worn those pants if he
knew I was going to blog
about it!






They also host the annual "Hot Chocolate Run" which is a super fun event with a 5k or 5 mile run and a kids run where all participants get hot chocolate at the end and kids get pieces of chocolate.  My son loved the kids run this year (very short, just enough to burn off 1/4 piece of chocolate).


Halloween kids event
at Stam.



Our favorite events are the Halloween and Christmas story times that they host.  Oma Stam dresses up and reads kids a story and hands out chocolate.  They either have hot chocolate or gelato too and the kids just love it.  It's usually $10 for the event.  If you like their facebook page they always announce these on there so you can sign up. Chocolaterie Stam Facebook page.


 
Gelato




They also have locations at the Valley West mall and in Ames. But I think the Ingersol location is the coolest.   A chocolate store with couches, beverages and special events.  Pretty cool to me.

1 comment: