Saturday, February 23, 2013

Let's get juicing!



 I love food.  So it's only reasonable that I'm always trying the next new way to keep my weight in check.  I know what to do, I was a weight loss counselor for 5 years.  It's finding something that doesn't feel like a diet, but that is a lifestyle change that is the trick.  I'm still searching.....Anyway, I've tried the paleo diet. I've had my stints with weight watchers and I've even gone the raw food route.  


On my raw food kick, I got really into juicing.  I invested in a juicer, that has now gone to the appliance graveyard in the closet along with my dehydrator, bread machine, soda stream, griddle and fondue pot (to name a few). But the only reason I don't continue with the juicing at home all the time is because it takes so much effort and fresh produce. 



But I still love fresh organic smoothies and juices, not just for weight-loss, but just as part of a healthy diet, which is why I love The Juice Company.  The Juice Company is located on 42nd street at the The Shops at Roosevelt.  The owner/operator Sylvia is amazing.  She is super nice and really helpful.  She'll give you suggestions and help you pick the juice that's right for you.  There are so many benefits to raw organic produce and she knows all about them.

Whether you are looking for juice, smoothies (with dairy or without and a number of them under 200 calories) or frozen yogurt, you are going to find some of the best here.  She even grows her own wheatgrass in the front of the store and you can buy wheatgrass shots or even buy it by the gallon.  She serves the shots with a slice of orange which REALLY helps it go down =) 


One of the coolest things we've done at The Juice Company was the "Mixology Class".  It's a two hour class where Sylvia teaches you to make (and gives you the recipes for)  a bunch of healthy cocktails.  You bring your own vodka (or rum) and get to taste them all.  Check the facebook page for class times.  It's $18 per couple and very worth it.


Stop in and check it out in the morning for a breakfast smoothie or anytime of the day really!  And maybe step out of your comfort zone and try a wheatgrass shot for only $2.  Your body will thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment